Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Nike Zoom Elite 6+ Review

Nike Zoom Elite 6+ (Mens)

What Type Of Runner Am I?
I land mid to forefoot and more on my forefoot and lateral aspect of my foot.

These are my third pair of Zoom Elite and I am happy with the upgrades that Nike have made in the 6. I found they have a bit more support for the runner with a higher arch. A smoother transition from mid-foot to toe off was also noticeable thanks to the three quarter length crash pad and Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot.
There is carbon rubber on the heel crash pad and the lateral (outside) forefoot for more traction on different surfaces, which helps in the Irish weather.
For a non minimalist or racer type shoe I found it light.
I like them for easy to mid paced runs but don't feel aggressive enough for faster paced tempo runs.

Cons
I found the new Zoom Elite 6 a bit wider then it's predecessor, with a much wider toe box. I have a narrow foot, so it would be more suited to a wider footed runner.
I didn't like some of the material on the lateral aspect ever so slightly rubbing off my baby toe. Saying that, I'm being hypercritical.
I found them a bit too stiff on the mid foot while running faster paced runs.

Recommended For?
Neutral to over pronators.

Weight - 9.7oz
Size Fit - Medium width, but wide toe box. (I have a narrow foot)
Foot Mechanics - Neutral, but I found they have support for a high arch.
Technology - Flywire and Nike+ (syncs your distance and pace to your iPhone/iPod from a pod in the mid sole)
Cushion - Phylon foam and Zoom Air

Rating
Overall - 7/10.
I deducted points from a personal preference. Too wide for my foot even with Flywire on the mid foot, too much room in the toe box. Final point was for them being a bit too stiff through the sole.


Top Photo - Outside View
Bottom Photo - Inside View

No comments:

Post a Comment