Thursday, May 2, 2013

Nike Flyknit Trainer 1+ Review


What Type Of Runner Am I?
Forefoot and tent to land on the lateral aspect of the shoe and take off in a neutral position.

Intro
The name Flyknit is because its light and knitted. Once its "knitted" it is then moulded into one piece of fabric. By using this technique, it reduces weight and you can definitely feel that. This colour way is volt and black but it comes in lots of different colours.
This shoe shouldn't be confused with the Flyknit Lunar Trainer 1+. The difference is it has a Lunar sole.

Impression
Don't judge the look of these and take them for being flimsy. I was very surprised with how sturdy the mid sole and the fabric is on these. The technology in the shoe has been developed over the last 4 years. Similarly Adidas have a near exact model called the PrimeKnit which was released after Nikes FlyKnit.
When I first put the shoe on, I wanted to go on a run. I did a bit of a stride in them and had to stop myself from running.

I got the FlyKnit Racer before the Trainer. In weight there isn't much difference when you hold them in both hands.
Trainer - 8.4oz
Racer - 5.6oz

Technology
The FlyKnit technology has helped the shoe shed weight in areas that don't need weight. The Flywire technology helps to secure the feet when the laces are tied, which leaves the shoe feeling snug around the feet. In my previous review of the Zoom Elite 6, the Flywire didn't help me much due to my narrow foot.
What is very cool about the FlyKnit technology is when you put the shoe over steam and then put your feel into the shoe, the FlyKnit technology actually moulds to your feet. Gimmick or not, that's cool.

For Which Type Of Runner
I'm not a heel striker, and I don't think these would suit a heel striker due to the width of the heel.
The heel counter itself is lower then a normal shoe, which helps from the heel counter rubbing off the Achilles, which can sometimes cause Achilles irritation.
I feel myself reaching to these for my everyday shoe for running. They are extremely comfortable.

I think this shoe could be used as a transition shoe for those wanting move down in cushioning from a more traditional option. If you don't want to move down in cushion then use the Flyknit Trainer (not the racer) for race days or faster paced runs.

Cons
Price!!! These come in at a whopping €163. However, I haven't felt a shoe like this, and it's made from the best material on the market.


Weight - 8.4 ounces
Size Fit - Like a sock.
Foot Mechanics - Neutral
Technology - Flywire, FlyKnit, Nike +
Cushion - Nike Zoom

Rating
9/10. I'm taking 1 mark off for price. €163 is very expensive.

Top Photo - Out Side
Bottom Photo - Inside

1 comment:

  1. Nike Flyknit Trainer 1+ Review. What Type Of Runner Am I? Forefoot and tent to land on the lateral aspect of the shoe and take off in a neutral ... flyknittrainer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete